According to the updated information received from the operating organization (NRC KIPT), no new damages have been identified after the last shelling of the NSI “Neutron Source”.
As of 30 March 2022, 10:30, the situation at the NSI “Neutron Source” remains unchanged:
- the nuclear installation has been transferred into a deep subcritical state (“long-term shutdown” mode since 24 February 2022);
- operational personnel monitor the state of the NSI “Neutron Source”;
- off-site power supply to the NSI “Neutron Source” is absent, and due to the constant shelling it is not possible to restore it;
- the on-site radiation situation is within the standard limits;
- the personnel continue implementing measures to eliminate the consequences of the hostilities and maintain the operability of the nuclear installation equipment.
The probability of new damage to the research nuclear installation remains quite high due to the constant shelling of the area of the NSI “Neutron Source” location.