On November 9, the SNRIU Commission launched a comprehensive inspection of Zaporizhzhya NPP SE NNEGC Energoatom to ensure long-term operation of Unit 5 at power capacity levels.
The survey is conducted in compliance with the requirements of Article 12 of the Law of Ukraine "On licensing activities in the field of nuclear energy" and in the framework of the application of NNEGC "Energoatom" dated 17.01.2020. № 791/06 to amend the EO series license № 000196 for the right to conduct activities at the stage of the life cycle operation of the Zaporizhzhya NPP nuclear installation.
The inspection covers the following areas:
- the state of fulfillment of the conditions of the SNRIU license for the right to carry out activities at the stage of the life cycle operation of the Zaporizhzhya NPP nuclear installation;
- state of implementation of measures of the “Comprehensive (consolidated) program to increase the level of safety of Ukrainian NPP power units” at power unit № 5;
- the state of implementation of measures to prepare the power unit № 5 for long-term operation;
- the state of implementation of measures to assess the technical condition and continuation of operation of equipment, pipelines, buildings and structures of CSR;
- the state of implementation of measures for the qualification of equipment, pipelines, structures and building structures;
- status of implementation of measures to assess seismic resistance of equipment of pipelines, structures and building structures, assessment of seismic resistance;
- inspection of the state of radiation safety and radioactive waste management system;
- inspection of the state of works on elimination of deviations from the requirements of norms, rules and standards on NRS at the power unit №5 of SE “Zaporizhzhya NPP”;
- state of development of the Report on periodic safety reassessment of the power unit №5 of SE “Zaporizhzhya NPP”;
- state of implementation of fire-fighting measures at the power unit №5 of SE “Zaporizhzhya NPP” etc.
Based on the results of the commission's work, an Inspection Act will be drawn up to determine the capacity of the operating organization (NNEGC Energoatom) to carry out long-term operation of Unit № 5 of Zaporizhzhya NPP at energy capacity levels.